Friday, March 22, 2019

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - March Edition

This is super overdue, but I am happy to finally introduce this month's Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge. Yay!

So, first, some background. In the past, I have briefly mentioned Scrap It Up. I believe I called them my local craft thrift store. More accurately, they are a nonprofit creative reuse center located here in Cincinnati... and they are a wonderful place both to donate and buy craft supplies. 

This is my new favorite place.

Want to learn knitting, but don't want to spend a lot of money on yarn and knitting needles? Or, conversely, decide that you are done with knitting and need to get rid of some yarn to make room for another craft? Either way, this is your place. 

They have yarn, fabric, scrapbooking paper, buttons, mosaic tiles... pretty much everything. I have already donated four bags of supplies that I no longer use--and I am absolutely delighted to know that those supplies will get the love they deserve. 

...They also carry beads. 

Not only do they carry beads, but those beads are sold for $0.25 per baggie.


I may or may not have giggled manically and started hyperventilating when I learned that. Heh.

With such an amazing price tag, that means that f0r under $20, I picked up everything in the following pictures:








So, what does that have to do with my Monthly Challenge? 

Well, you have probably guessed it: I want to make jewelry using these supplies. Not all of these supplies, mind you--but at least some of them. (Including the papers that I showed on Wednesday--I got those at Scrap It Up on my last visit as well.) With such a wonderful array of possibilities, I'm bound to come up with something awesome! 

Come back next week, on Friday March 29th, to see what I end up making. I'm pretty excited to get started on this challenge (as you can probably tell by the hasty, not-the-best pictures in this entry--hah!).

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I'm up to... I appreciate being able to share my creative endeavors with you.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing find... .25 cents.... Can't wait to see what you come up with. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still so jealous that you have a creative reuse store. I really need to start one in our area! I need to do some research!!! Congrats on the amazing finds. I can't wait to see what you make with at least some of these treasures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)