Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - April Edition

Time really has gotten away from me this month. Here it is, April 18th, and I'm just now introducing my April Monthly Challenge. Oops! Hopefully you'll still think it's worth it, though. :)

For this month, the challenge idea comes straight from my best friend. We were shopping for beads together, and on a whim I asked what they thought I should do for April. 

Without missing a beat, this was their answer: "make something not shiny."

This is something not shiny.
...Also, this is not my photo.
Photo by Nick Nice on Unsplash

So, that's what I'm doing: I'm going to make something not shiny.

...And, believe it or not, that is already proving to be a challenge! I've recently been quite fond of facets and fire-polished shine, especially when mixed with other textures and finishes... To just go muted and matte--well, it's been interesting!

This is also something not shiny!
...And also not my photo.
Photo by Will Swann on Unsplash

Still, I think it's going to be a fun exercise, and I've been enjoying going through my beads looking for non-shiny options.

I may use some of these... we'll see!

Be sure to come back on Friday, April 27th to see what I end up making!

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I'm up to--and be sure to keep scrolling to see my Wednesday Worktable update.

Have a lovely day, everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhh, non-shiny! I like that idea. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with this inspiration. I'm sure it'll be great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)