Friday, April 20, 2018

We're All Ears - April Reveal

This month's We're All Ears challenge finds its inspiration in paradise... 

Tropical paradise, that is.


...And this is where I admit that my only experience with the ocean is the Atlantic shore of Maryland. It's lovely, don't get me wrong--but it's not tropical, and definitely not the beautiful paradise invoked by the pictures above. 

So, for this particular challenge, I instead turned my sights on Hawaii. I have family who live on Kauai (who read my blog: hi!!), and my mother has told me about her visits there. The two pairs of earrings that I made don't exactly match anything in particular--instead, I tried to capture some of the essence from my mother's stories... the warmth of both the sun and the people, the bright flowers and turquoise waves.

...Oh, they were also completely and totally excuses for me to play with my new patinas. Hah!

Pair #1


For this pair, I tried to roughly capture the look of the sun shining over both the land and waves--the bright yellow bead over the turquoise-and-green filigree, which features both flowers and scalloped wave-like edges. 


Also, I figured that such large earrings (those hoops are lightweight and huge) looked fun and relaxed--something that one might wear on vacation to the tropics, perhaps. :)



Pair #2


As you might expect, this pair took its inspiration from beautiful tropical flowers--a look that I tried to capture with petite lampwork beads, crystals, and flower-filigree. 
As with the previous pair, I decided to go with goldtone metal since it is warm and reminds me of the sun.


And, as an added bonus: they are quite lightweight... perfect for vacation.


And so, there you go! Those are the earrings that I made to go along with this inspiration. Be sure to head over to the Earrings Everyday blog to see what everyone else made... And who knows? Maybe one of these days I'll be able to visit a tropical paradise, too. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today... Have a lovely day, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Terrific tropic looking earrings. I could easily see those with a colorful summer outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bright and warm colors are the best, you have captured the sights and sounds (hear the waves?) of the tropics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combinations. I could definitely hear paradise calling when I look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first pair. Its just my kind of jewelry - breezy, statement making with loads of color

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're having so much fun playing with the patinas! It's one of my favorite supplies too. I love the vivid-ness of both pairs of your earrings. That first one though is my favorite. I can definitely seeing a beach babe sporting them while walking the beach. They're so fun and make such a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Color was absolutely everywhere on this trip! From the deep blues and turquoise waters to the flowers and huts and handmade wares on the islands. These are both perfect for a tropical paradise! Thanks for playing along with me. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great colors!! I love that first pair... those hoops are awesome. I agree that these feel perfect for the challenge. If you can't get yourself to paradise, you can at least wear a little piece of it, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)