Thursday, January 25, 2018

Thursday's Worktable

...or, an alternate title: My Recent Adventures with Labradorite.


I really love labradorite. It's probably tied with amethyst as my favorite gemstone. (Although, honestly, I'm rather hard pressed to think of a gemstone that I don't like. Heh.) 

Imagine my delight, then, when this month's Bargain Bead Box came full of labradorite--mixed with copper, even! I love the juxtaposition of the warm brown of the copper and the cool greenish grey of the stone... And it's that juxtaposition that I decided to play around with this week.


Overall, I've made two sets with the components from the box. 

The first one was made with the awesome tree pendant that came in the box (no, sadly, I can't take credit for that beautiful wire-wrapping on the pendant!):



...and the second set focuses on the larger 10mm labradorite rounds:



So much fun!

...And, sadly, also the last wire-wrapping I'm going to be able to do for awhile. Apparently I have done something to upset my left hand--tweaked a nerve, maybe? Regardless of what exactly I've done, I've learned that when I upset my hands, I need to rest them. And that means no holding pliers in my left hand until things calm down... Bah humbug! I suppose I'll just have to find something else to keep my creative side busy. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I've been up to... Oh, and if you're here for my Swap N' Hop introduction, go here! It's the one that I wrote a few years ago--and, honestly, it's still quite accurate! (If I'm able to write an updated one, I will... but, if not, that one is still pretty spot-on! *grin*)

Have a lovely Thursday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love me some labradorite too, but I don't think I've ever considered copper with it. What an interesting combination! I hate to hear your hand is giving you problems. I hope it gets to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as labradorite goes, I'm honestly not sure if there's a metal I haven't put it with. Hah! And thank you for your kind words about my hand... Thankfully, it's already starting to feel better. I have no idea what I did to hurt it, but I'm glad it's almost as good as new! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)