Friday, June 9, 2017

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - June Edition

I mentioned in my previous entry that I get to go visit my parents next week. (YAY!)

Now, this decision--as unrelated as it may seem--has impacted my Monthly Challenge in two ways. First, I have realized that my original plan for June's challenge just won't work. I don't have time to research the subject as thoroughly as I'd like, much less write a wonderful long and informative introduction post.

Secondly, amidst the hustle and bustle of packing up bead supplies to take with me, I've once more come face to face with my tendency to collect projects.



So many projects.

If you've been reading my blog awhile, you may recognize some of these pictures from earlier posts... And that's because the beautiful projects are still sitting in queue, waiting for me to get a chance to work with them.



So, that's Part 1 of my challenge: to finish--actually finish--at least one of these five projects shown here.


You may have noticed that I said that would be Part 1.

The second part? Well, whenever I go visit my parents, I invariably do some form of crafting with my mother. Whether she shows me a new way to use paper, or we end up just sitting next to each other while playing in our own favorite mediums, visiting with her always sparks my creativity. So, that leads to Part 2 of my challenge: to make something completely new, whether it be a beading project from start to finish, or something different she shows me how to do.  

In my head, I'm calling this the Something Old, Something New challenge--and I'm pretty excited about it. Come by on Friday, June 30th to see what I ended up creating!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today... Have a happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)