Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Hello, June!

...and hello, first Wednesday's Worktable of the month!

However, I do have a bit of a confession to make: I don't have anything bead-related to share for this week. The first seven days of June have been wonderfully busy--but not very creative. Most of the time I have spent at my craft table has been organizing, or just pushing beads around. No inspirations yet... just staring at beads.

Still! To make up for this lack of beading-ness, I decided instead to share pictures from the hike my husband and I took this past Saturday:


...And no, that isn't actually a picture of the trail itself--although there were parts of it that truly looked (and felt) like that. There were quite a few challenging parts, from having to traverse ravines to having to scale a chest-high vertical drop using tree roots as footholds. At one point, we even had to cross a dry creek bed covered in rocks very similar to those above. I haven't hiked in ages, so it was definitely a challenge... but I made it!

The trail itself was in the middle of nowhere Kentucky, and looped around a fairly large man-made reservoir. That meant that, while the trail was pretty brutal, the view wasn't bad at all:


So, between hiking, learning new recipes, and dealing with Household Maintenance (main sewer line issues = not my idea of fun), this month has been full speed ahead. And I haven't even started packing for my trip to visit my parents next week. Hah!

And now to go do laundry... Woo! (And I don't even mean that sarcastically--I'm still thrilled to have my own washer and dryer. *grin*)

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)