Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wednesday's Worktable

Phew, it's been a busy week since my last post... Lots of jewelry (and non-jewelry) things on my to do list. I'm also fighting off some early January flu-like crud--I blame the rapidly fluctuating Cincinnati weather.

But! My worktable is super exciting today, because I'm working on the Humblebead's Muffin Tin Challenge 2017!


This is not my first time doing a Muffin Tin Challenge... In fact, I did one last March, to mark the 2nd year anniversary of the Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge. What's exciting about this one, though, is that there are quite a few people doing it... And, with Heather Powers of Humblebeads at the helm, you know some beautiful things will be made!

The idea is simple: you gather up everything you need for a jewelry project (beads, clasp, findings, etc.), and put them in one of the muffin tin cups. Repeat until all cups are full... and then sit down and create!

Pendant by Julsbeads, paired with agate and glass.

I was super ambitious, and picked 12 projects. Oh, did I mention that the deadline is January 15th? Hah! So much jewelry-making! :)

Random beads for a random necklace! Woo!

I'm actually done 10 of the 12 projects... Of the two that remain, one of them should be super easy. 


The other? Well, it may be a bit of a doozy. It started off simple enough as a strung necklace, but one thing led to another and I am going to attempt to make a tassel necklace before the deadline. Lots of wire-wrapping, here I come!

So, there you go... That's what I'm working on this week--starting the year running! (And why I haven't actually posted about my own challenge yet, hah!)

Thanks for stopping by today... Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)