Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wednesday's Worktable

The Muffin Tin Challenge might be over, but my craft table is still overflowing with projects. In fact, I've emptied out my muffin tin and filled the cups with more things to work on... We'll see if it helps me stay organized. ;)

I'd show a picture of said muffin tin, but some of the finished pieces are for later reveals... So, instead, I'll show you the current project I'm tackling: this month's Bargain Bead Box.

The box this month focuses on copper and roses, and here are some of the beads from the mix:

Carved synthetic coral with copper and dyed Malaysian jade.

And, for fun, I present: my thought process, shown in three pictures. :)

Step 1: Stare at components.

Step 2: Shift around components until I find a possible design.

Step 3: Assemble possible design, and stare some more to decide if I like it.

...I haven't quite gotten to Step 4: finish necklace yet, but it's getting there! We'll see if the final design changes much from where it is now. Sometimes I go into necklace design knowing exactly what I want to make, and sometimes I just go with the flow. This is definitely an instance of the latter!

Thanks so much for stopping by today... Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)