Thursday, June 25, 2015

Thursday's Worktable

...Once again, my Wednesday's Worktable is a day late.

I have a good reason, though! Instead of posting yesterday, I was out gallivanting with my best friend. We spent the day going to a movie, and then visiting the Newport Aquarium. It was relaxing and fun, and an all around good time. 

So! To make up for my tardiness, I have pictures to share! Because it's my blog, and I can do that.

First up, though... The original purpose for this post (i.e. what I'm working on this week):


Yes, indeed, that is another tassel in the making.

I recently purchased that big lampwork bead from the GlassyFields Etsy Store--and it is simply lovely. Purple is still reigning as my favorite color, and this bead makes me very happy.

To match it, I've pulled together a collection of different purple materials (jade, amethyst, lilac stone, glass, and pearl), and am making another tassel necklace. Because tassel necklaces are fun! I keep telling myself that I need to make one to sell, but I keep falling in love with the finished pieces. Heh. I will try to post a picture of it when it's finished.

...And now, to reward you for your patience: it's time for my aquarium photos! 

Ah, yes... The aquarium. The place where I am once more reminded that it is much harder to take pictures of fish than of beads. Beads don't move; fish do!


Blurry Lion Fish is blurry.

...And, hence why most of the upcoming photos are actually not of fish, but of the other attractions at the aquarium. Alligators and jellyfish and penguins, oh my! 


Big Mike the alligator is 14 feet long, and weighs 800 pounds. That's a big gator!

Standing on a glass walkway, looking down at a White Alligator. Like you do.

This chameleon was giving me some serious side-eye.

Jellyfish! Jellyfish are wonderful to photograph, because they move slowly. :)

My favorite picture from the day.
(And, no, the picture isn't upside down... They were swimming that direction.)

Penguins watching humans watching penguins.
Not the best picture of the penguins, but I liked the reflection of the people in the glass.


I also picked up a turtle pendant while I was there... I hope to make something with it once I'm done my tassel necklace. Who knows--it might be what's on my worktable next week.

All in all, it was a lovely day!

---
P.S. My reveal for my Monthly Challenge is tomorrow! If you need a reminder of what the challenge was, go here. Feel free to stop by to see what I made! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)