Saturday, December 8, 2012

O Christmas Tree


It's always so hard, taking pictures of a Christmas tree.



For some reason, the camera is never quite able to pick up the nuances--the way that it glows, the way that it makes the entire room feel shimmery and magical.  



 



The way that it takes ornaments--so gaudy on their own--and turns them into the most beautiful things in the world... 


 




 
The way that glitter is no longer silly, but rather a reflection of stars.



  

 There are so many feelings that I associate with my Christmas tree--warmth, love, magic.




To some, it might be silly.

To me, it is all the magic and possibility of Christmas Eve--the Nutcracker ballet and laughter and dreams and quiet falling snow...  Perfectly content just to sit and enjoy the comfort, while waiting for the beautiful dawn.


2 comments:

  1. So absolutely beautiful! And you put into words what I've always thought and never had words for!
    Hedgehogs, and clocks!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading--thank you for commenting!

      It was hard putting it into words, the wonder that fills me when I look at my tree... I'm glad that I was able to convey at least a little of it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)