Saturday, December 22, 2012

All Things Bright and Beautiful

At this moment--

There are presents under the tree,

there are Christmas lights glittering,

there is the sound of friends' laughter,

there is the scent of orange danish and potato soup.


...I cannot begin to soothe the wounds that this country has felt this month, but I can echo the words spoken by Samwise Gamgee: "there is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for."


And so, at this moment, I am thankful for my family--who I am blessed to call friends.  I am thankful for my friends--who are as dear as family.


At this moment--

I am reminded of all things bright and beautiful...  

That my life is touched with grace, and my world is full of light.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)