Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

My stores are open again...  and there is so much to report!


So, in store-related news...


While visiting my parents for the holidays, I went bead shopping with my mother.  It was amazing.  


Just a few of the spoils...
We went to many, many a bead store!


Also, I found a steady supplier of a new type of hairstick.  They are a style that I had found once, but that store stopped carrying them...  I had given them up for lost.  Now, I can get them whenever I need to!  I currently have 10 (5 pairs)...  Yes, it was amazing.  

I am so, so excited about these!
These sticks are black lacquered wood, and are 5 inches long...
When I found them in the store, I was so excited I almost started to cry.  


And, lastly, I have been working on more collar necklaces--for friends, and for family, and for my store.  It was--and is--amazing.


Some of the finished collar necklaces!
The white one is to sell, the purple-peacock one I made to match one of
my outfits, and the brown one is a prototype.

Close up of two of the collar necklaces.

Another close up...
I am considering naming the white one, "Always Winter",
a reference to the Chronicles of Narnia.

A close up of the brown prototype...  I love this one!


And here are a few more that I'm working on...  They are still in the planning/design phases.  I am totally thrilled by the enthusiastic response I have gotten regarding them! While I was visiting my parents, I showed them to quite a few people...  and everyone loved them!


You guessed it--it is amazing!

A rather subdued metallic palette...
This one is the beginning of a (late) Christmas
present to one of friends.

These are four different options for a red/gold/brown one...
Commissioned by my very own mother.  :D

And here are three options for another, brighter
metallic one, also commissioned by my mum.


...Whew!  I've certainly been busy!  And I am so, so blessed!


---


P.S.  I also visited the Walter's Art Museum with my Mum and a good family friend... I had a delightful time looking at the ancient jewelry!  More about that to come, though.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)