Friday, September 16, 2011

Afternoon with Fish

Today, I went to the Newport Aquarium.


The opening display...  cheerful and vibrant


While it was not the National Aquarium (which I have frequented on numerous occasions, having grown up in Baltimore), it was still absolutely delightful.  The shark tunnel and the jellyfish display were particularly awesome.


I am not, perhaps, awake enough to give a full recount of my trip.  At least, not one that will make sense.  So, instead, I will simply share my favorite pictures from the venture.


The Shark Tunnel


The entrance to the shark tunnel


View on one of the sides of the tank


It was pretty cool seeing the sharks swimming over me!
This was a Sand Tiger Shark

White-tipped Reef shark, resting on the bottom


Another shark--a Black-tipped Reef Shark, I think--about to swim right over me



The Jellyfish Room


The large jellyfish tank when you first enter


Jellyfish close-up...  I was very proud of this picture!


This tank was beautiful--with these luminescent
jellyfish moving around surprisingly fast


Another jellyfish picture I am quite pleased with--it captures well
the fluid grace of these creatures


I realize that both these sharks and these jellyfish have the potential to be dangerous, if encountered in the wild.  Still, I am grateful for an opportunity to see them for the marvelous creatures they are--especially in so pleasant of an environment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)