Saturday, November 13, 2010

Writing, Writing, Writing...

It's National Novel Writing Month!  Yes, indeed, it's that crazy month where crazy people all over the world try to write 50,000 words of a novel in on month.*


I have participated in NaNoWriMo (as it's called by its friends) every November since 2003.  This year is no exception.  And you know what my current word count is?  


On the 13th day, I'm up to 46,120 words!  *does a happy dance*


In honor of this achievement, I'm posting some pictures of my NaNoWriMo journal--where I jot down ideas and thoughts and scenes, which I later type into a much larger computer document.  (Call me strange, but I do not write linearly; I work on the ending and the beginning and the middle all at the same time, so that every aspect of the story can grow and evolve as I write.)


Writing at the park--it was 70 degrees out!

Leaves and paper...  two of my favorite things...

The possibility of the blank page...

Writing fuel: Coffee!


This year, I don't think that I'm going to stop at the 50,000 words...  no, this time, I want to write until I'm DONE!


...We shall have to see just how much coffee that takes.  :)


---


Want to find out more?  Go to their official website: www.nanowrimo.org!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)