Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Hello, 2019!

...and hello, first worktable post of the year! Woo!

Now, to be completely honest, this year hasn't had the best start. At all, really. On January 1st, the mother of some dear friends passed away unexpectedly (and quite tragically, in a flash flood), so the first week of this year was spent flailing around, making arrangements to go out of town to support them. And then, upon arriving home, I was hit with some sort of cold/flu/crud that has knocked me out cold.

I'm still feeling under the weather, but it's Wednesday and dangit I want to post to my blog. So, here I am! 

And on my worktable this week, I'm experimenting with the Pantone Color of the Year, Living Coral:


Coral isn't a color that I usually work with, but I do have some beads in my stash in that hue. Here is what I am currently playing with: 


Those will probably become earrings for this month's Earrings Everyday We're All Ears challenge. I also have a necklace in the making... It's fun to play around with something so bright and cheerful, especially when I myself am not particularly feeling that upbeat.

Thanks for stopping by today to see what I'm up to... I hope that your year is off to a much better start than mine. Ah well... here's to brighter days to come--and, of course, more beautiful jewelry!

Have a wonderful week, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so very sorry to hear about your friends' mother. What a tragedy! I'm sure having you there at such a rough time was very consoling. As for your bead table...I can't wait to see what you make for the challenge. I need to get started on it myself! Here's hoping you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)