Friday, January 5, 2018

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - January Edition

Attack of the UFOs!

...And by that, I mean Unfinished Objects.


Gunmetal, handmade lampwork, and turquoise

Now, I'm not the first one to coin that term in regards to creating... I've seen it floating around before in the blogosphere (probably first in the Humblebeads Muffin Tin Challenge), and have since enjoyed using it to refer to all of my unfinished projects.  

...And what does that have to do with my January Monthly Challenge, you ask?

Well, for January, I'm going to see just how many of my UFOs I can finish!

Handmade lampwork, amethyst, and crystal

And now, for a bit of background.

This month is going to be a bit... interesting. 

I leave tomorrow for a spur-of-the-moment trip (supporting a friend)... Between that and everything else, I'm honestly not sure what all I'm going to be able to do, blogging-wise. 

The planning stages of last month's Sugar Plum Fairy necklace


With that in mind, I was having a bit of trouble deciding what to do for my Monthly Challenge. I don't know how much time I'll have to devote to beading, and I would hate to bite off more than I can chew. 

...And that's what made me look at the projects I already had collated on my craft table. Even if I don't have time to play with something completely new (like using a wire-jig or vintaj patinas--both of which are on my creative to-do list), I can surely find time to finish one of these lovely things!

Wood, glass, magnesite, and synthetic blue rainbow stone

So! Come by on Friday, January 26th to see what I end up creating--whether one of these lovely projects, or something else I have squirreled away in my stash. And feel free to play along, if you have some UFOs of your own that you want to finish!*

Thanks so much for visiting today... Have a lovely weekend, everyone! :)

---
* - And I'm keeping my eyes open to see if there is going to be another Muffin Tin Challenge at some point... That was so much fun. And trust me, I have enough Unfinished Objects to do this challenge, and that one, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)