Monday, April 24, 2017

We're All Ears - April Reveal

Given the fact that Easter was only two Sundays ago, this month's We're All Ears Challenge was quite timely. What was the inspiration, you ask? Eggs!

Since I didn't get a chance to dye Easter eggs this year (lots of other things to do, and it just didn't work out*), I decided to look elsewhere for my inspiration.

...And I looked no further than the famous Fabregé Eggs of Russia!

Rose Trellis egg,
currently housed at the Walter's Art Museum in Baltimore, Maryland.

These beautiful eggs are jeweled works of art, created by the House of Fabregé. The most famous of these were made for the Russian Tsars as Easter presents for their wives and mothers, and varied in design and complexity. 

Gatchina Palace egg,
currently housed at the Walter's Art Museum in Baltimore, Maryland.

While I was looking through my stash, I came upon the perfect beads to match this inspiration: beautiful white cloisonné ovals--white, and reminiscent of eggs--covered with lovely pastel flowers. From there, these earrings practically made themselves:


I paired the cloisonné with opaque white crystals and a combination of brass and gold--fitting, I thought, since the original Fabregé was a goldsmith. 


So, there you go! Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I made for this challenge... Be sure to stop by Earrings Everyday to see what everyone else made.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

--

* - Lots of other things to do, indeed! That is part of the reason this entry is late. Yesterday was my brother-in-law's wedding--and the days (er, weeks) before that were dedicated to helping with that. Still, I'm happy to report that it was a lovely wedding... I'm so happy for the bride and groom! :)

3 comments:

  1. Family always takes priority and it's nice to hear the wedding was lovely. The earrings are very sweet and fit the theme perfectly
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faberge eggs was the other idea that I had instead of the pysanky eggs...you must have read my mind! I think those beads are PERFECT miniatures of those intensely decorated works of art. I find them fascinating. They also remind me of the very first beads I bought in a little bead shop above State Street in Madison back when I was attending college there.... I thought they were so precious and special! Thanks for giving me back that memory! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. You are not late! I always leave the blog hop open for a week in case someone wasn't able to participate right away. Glad you could join in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)