Friday, August 26, 2016

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - August Reveal, Part 1

Hi there! 

You might have thought that I forgot that today is the reveal date for my Monthly Challenge... but you'd be wrong! I'm just going slower at posting, since my desktop computer is, once more, not working. (Don't worry, it's in the computer hospital--hopefully it will be up and running again soon!)

As a refresher, this month's challenge was all about using random bead mixes purchased on mega-sale from FireMountainGems... and, I just realized that I haven't actually shown the beautiful beads I received! Oops. I got them right as I was leaving for vacation, and didn't have time to post them. 

So, before I share what I made, I need to share what I got to work with!

Ooo, what's in the box?

I bought a lot of beads... At super sale, it's really hard not to!

In my order, I received some stone donuts:


Some beautiful mixes of glass and semi-precious stones:



Some hand-cut gemstones from India:



...And pearls! Lots and lots of pearls! ($100 worth of pearls for $9? Yes, please!)




...Right before I left for vacation, I also ordered a package of random stone pendants--which I didn't get to look at until I was actually at the cabin. Here they are, along with all of the other beads:

Sorry for the rather crummy lighting...
Taking pictures in the cabin usually isn't the best option, but it was super cloudy outside that day.

Most of the beads came unlabeled, which meant that my family and I had a great time sitting around trying to figure out what the materials were. And I'm not kidding--we greatly enjoyed ourselves! My father collects rocks and minerals, and has a pretty epic collection of the same, so his insight was invaluable. :)


The bottom six strands are ones that I realized I hadn't actually photographed previously. Oops.
So much bounty, it was too much for my vacation-brain to keep up with!

So many wonderful things to play with!

...And I hardly did any beading while I was away last week. Hah. 

Still, after returning home, I settled down and got to work--if you can actually call it work, since I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

So, those are the beads that I received for this challenge--a beautiful collection of all sorts of colors. (And pink. Lots of pink.) Stay tuned, because later tonight, I will be posting what I made with this bounty--and I have hardly scratched the surface of what I received! Woo-hoo!

...Now I need to go write that entry. I'll be back in a bit... Until then, enjoy all of the pretty bead pictures! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Fire Mountain Gems!! I buy most of my materials from them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)