Friday, October 25, 2013

Bead Ruckus - Reveal for Kit 6!

Guess what! 

That's right, it's that time again--time for the Bead Ruckus reveal! Hurray!

To jog your memory, this was the kit:


Bead Ruckus Kit No. 6

And, using those components, this is what I made! 


Ta-da! A fancy necklace!

When I first saw the kit, I was rather fascinated at how the colors actually went together--greys and purples and shades of gold. So, instead of adding other components to tie everything together, I just let the kit do the talking.

And, I have to say that while the vintage lucite crystal was quite large compared to the rest of the components, I think it turned out to be quite a fun focal piece. 





That was the only piece that I made that used all of the components--but I did make a few companion pieces.

First up, earrings:





...And, of course, a hairstick:





After that, I still had additional components left, so I decided to make another necklace (it's even shorter than the other necklace, so the two can be worn together if so desired):




...Then, I decided to make an entirely new set--because bottlecaps are wonderful, and the vintage lucite crystals were an exact fit!




...And, last but not least, a giant chunky ring:



Ta-da!

So, to wrap up, I made one piece using all of the components, and then six companion pieces. And, like last time, these are definitely not things I would have thought to put together--but what fun to play around with them! 

Thank you so much for looking--and be sure to check out the Bead Ruckus Blog to see what the other lovely designers made with this kit!

2 comments:

  1. Great designs.. I need to get my blog up today.. I just wish my grandson would nap so I can get it up.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to see what everyone else made! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)