Saturday, July 20, 2024

15th Anniversary Celebration! - Day 1

This blog has been around for 15 years. 

...Can you even imagine? 

When I started it, I had been married a little less than a year. I had just lost my job. My husband and I had moved in with my in-laws to get back on our feet, and I decided to give this jewelry design thing a try.

Now, 15 years later, I'm still doing jewelry design. I'm still married to the same wonderful husband. And we are most certainly back on our feet... we even have our own house now. Still no kids, but definitely hopeful that will one day change.

This little blog has been with me through it all. 

And so, I want to celebrate! 

To that end, starting with this entry, I'm going to do 15 Days of Content. Like the name suggests, I'm aiming to post something here every day for the next 15 days. And, to set expectations: I'm not planning on going down memory lane (although we'll see; I might mention things if they seem pertinent). Instead, I'm mostly going to share what I've been working on recently. After all, I haven't posted much here recently... I have a lot of backlog to share.

So, what better way to start than with... fruit!


I shared some progress pictures of this in my last entry. It's actually a variation on this tutorial over at LimaBeads... I decided to expand it into a necklace, and I made the links slightly differently. Still, the idea is pretty much the same.



So, why fruit for this first entry? Because I wanted to, basically.

Honestly, it's summer time here, and I was feeling whimsical. I thought it would be bright and cheerful and set a joyful tone for this celebration. 

I can't help it--this necklace makes me smile!



So, there you go! Some happy fruit to hopefully make you smile, too.

Thank you, everyone, for being there--whether it's been since the beginning, or this is your first time here. Thanks for joining me on this crazy ride. I hope you enjoy the upcoming content... it's been a lot of fun preparing for it.

Have a wonderful day, everyone! See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 15th! the dancer's chain is so pretty and the charms are super cute. I have seen miniature fruits but never in this size or quality. I think this necklace is the perfect way to kick start the celebrations with whimsy (for the whimsy in Wonder and Whimsy). May I expect wonder next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Aren't those little fruit fun? They're Czech glass, and I bought several strings of them to have enough for the necklace. I thought some whimsy would be the perfect way to start! (Tomorrow's planned entry is pretty whimsical, too... but don't worry, there will definitely be some wonder during this celebration, too!)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)