Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Life Update #2

For those who occasionally stop by... I'm still here. 

This has been one of the hardest years of my life, but I'm still here.

In happy news, I'm relieved to say that my husband is doing very well. His symptoms are under control, his two 9-hour surgeries have been successful. We're mostly just in the watch-and-wait part of his treatment. Which is good! I am so, so grateful.

In not-so-happy news, last month I had a miscarriage. We've been trying for 8 years to have children, and this was the closest we have gotten. I'm still hopeful! Very hopeful, in fact. But there is still grieving involved. Just... dang.

Oh, and a bunch of raccoons tried to eat their way through our roof.

The yellow foamy stuff is what we added from the inside to try to keep it
from leaking everywhere before we could get it fixed.

There's other stuff, too, but that's enough for this blog post. So much hardship and grieving and pushing forward... and, ultimately, peace in knowing that it will get better. God is good, and it will get better. Just have to keep going.

When will I post jewelry again? Who knows. I want to. I truly want to. I am just taking it one day at a time... because, honestly, that is all I can do. And that is okay.

Have a lovely day, everyone. Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate you, and wish you all the best.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear that your husband is doing better. What happened to your eye issue? Were you able to get treatment? I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I am sending caring thoughts your way. Be gentle with yourself, for you are doing whatever you can despite all these hardships. Take all the time you need to heal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)