Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Still Here

*waves*

I just wanted to do a little post to say that I'm still here. Life has been really hard these last few weeks, but I'm still here. 

For those who don't follow my Instagram, or haven't stopped by my store and seen the away message, my family is dealing with the death of a close friend to Covid. He had been living with us for the past 6, almost 7, years. He moved in with us when he fell on hard times, and we were working with him to help him get his own place. He fell sick while my husband and I were on vacation; the last time I talked to him in person was the day that we left. He died on September 3rd.

Everywhere I look, there are memories of him. There is a lot of work ahead of us, cleaning out his things and redefining our home... I need to remember to be patient with myself during the process.

I have no idea when I'll start posting here again. Soon, I hope--especially since creativity is a healing outlet for me. I just wanted to let everyone know what's been going on in my life, and that my absence isn't me just being negligent. There really is a lot going on.

Hold your loved ones close, and be kind to yourselves. I'll see you when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)