Saturday, January 2, 2021

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - January 2021 Edition

Happy 2021!

I figured I would start the new year by jumping straight into it... and that includes announcing this month's Wonder and Whimsy challenge. Woo-hoo!

Continuing with my color palette trend from last month, I decided that this month I'm going to tackle the Pantone 2021 Color(s) of the Year.

Not my photo! 
This, and a description of the thought process behind the color choices, can be found here.


Now, it should be noted that I really don't combine yellow and grey all that often. I find a lot of my jewelry design decisions deal with color balance, and getting it just right... and, to me, these colors are hard to balance just right. It can be done--and it looks great!--but it is not something I find easy.

...Which means that it's perfect for a challenge! :)

If you want to see what I end up making, be sure to come by on Friday, January 29th for the reveal!

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I'm up to. Have a wonderful day, everyone. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. It is actually quite easy to combine yellow and gray in jewellery. You can use silver and gold or yellow beads with silver wire and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a difficult time with yellow. Gray makes me think of labradorite, and the flashes in that stone make me move toward blues and purples. Excited to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)