Friday, February 8, 2019

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - February Edition

This month's Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge is inspired by the newly renovated Cincinnati Museum Center:


Now, the Museum Center has been closed for construction for quite some time, and I'm so excited that it's slowly opening back up. There's even a new dinosaur hall! Yay!

For this challenge, though, my main inspiration is the grand rotunda--seen when you first walk into the building. I mean, how could I not be inspired by this:


It really is lovely. There is also a mosaic underneath the dome... Here are a few more shots, to give more of a sense of the place:



So! That's my challenge this month: celebrate the reopening of the Cincinnati Museum Center by making jewelry inspired by the grand rotunda. Come by on Friday, February 22nd to see what I end up making! 

Oh, and feel free to play along... And if you decide to do so, just let me know! I'll be sure to add your link to my reveal. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by... Have a lovely day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! Those are some tough colors to work with, but the shape is bewitching. I can't wait to see what you make. An idea just hit me for this, but I'm not sure I can squeeze another project in at the moment. I'll let you know if that changes though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)