Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Wednesday's Worktable

I actually have a project to show off today! Yay!

...I admit, it feels good. :)

The project in question is actually one that I wanted to make for my Monthly Challenge last March--the one that was based on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I had gathered together all the materials necessary to make a necklace... and then did nothing with them.

Until a few days ago.

Here are the beads in question:


...And this is what I made with them!


The Queen of Hearts pendant is one that I made last March as well, from an actual Queen of Hearts playing card that my mother allowed me to cut up. I'm so grateful that my family is so supportive of my creative ideas! :)


The rest of the beads are all various sorts of glass... I am particularly happy with how the gold crackle pattern on the white beads picks up the yellow in the pendant. The findings are a mix of bright and antique silver, with gunmetal accent beads adding just a little more depth and whimsy.


All in all, I'm really happy with how this necklace turned out. It feels really nice to have made something, and to have a project actually completed (even if it did take a year).

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I've been up to... Have a wonderful week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)