Thursday, June 28, 2018

Reveal - SJ Designs Jewelry Honey Do List June Design Challenge!

Every month, Sarajo Wentling over at SJ Designs Jewelry hosts the Honey Do List Challenge... It's where her husband, Eric, issues her a beading challenge with the intent that she both use up some of her bead stash and get out of her comfort zone. Luckily for me, they let other people play along to!

This month, the inspiration was fresh and green and fern-y:



Here is what Eric had to say about it:
This one is a macro shot of a fern palm from our trip to visit my dad at his place in Florida.  I thought about using a pretty sunset picture but decided the green and the curl in this one just spoke to me!  

I agree with Eric--the green and the curl are really inspiring. I was hoping to make a design that incorporated both of those elements... but then I happened upon the perfect Czech glass bead in my stash--and it was blue! 

Undeterred, I decided to just go with it... After all, there are blue undertones in the above photo. So, here is what I made with the blue bead:


I absolutely love the fern-curl on that bead, and the way that it matches the photo perfectly. I also love the fact that I had matching blue Czech druks in my stash, too... What can I say, all of my organizing is finally paying off. :)


Design-wise, I decided to keep it pretty simple... just a mixture of chain and glass, and a little dangle reminiscent of the dewdrops seen on the fern curls. Honestly, I'm really happy with how it turned out.


Thank you for stopping by today to see what I made for this challenge! And thank you to Sarajo and Eric, as always, for letting me play along. I'm excited to see the inspiration for next month! :)

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Only after you mentioned blue, I saw it in the picture. I was so hyper focussed on the green and the palm leaf material that I couldn't see anything else. Thanks for the new perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't see the blue tones until you mentioned them either, but they're totally there. I love your simple and sweet necklace. Thanks for playing along with us. I just posted the July inspiration... I hope it will speak to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)