Thursday, May 3, 2018

Hello, May!

Can you believe that it's May already? This year has really been flying by for me... I had better be careful, or the next thing I know it'll be December!

Now, you may have noticed that I didn't do a Wednesday's Worktable post yesterday. The reason is simple: instead of sitting at home working at my craft table, I was at the Cincinnati Zoo! Woo! 

My best friend and I decided to go on a whim. It was a beautiful--albeit warm--day, and there was a lot of walking. (So much walking.) I also took a lot of pictures, and had a lot of fun.

The meerkats were quite interested in a gentleman's service dog, and came right up to the glass to look at it. 

The Cincinnati Zoo's resident celebrity, Fiona the baby hippo, was asleep behind her mama.

The Asian elephants were enjoying drinking--and playing with--their water.

The Komodo dragon seemed to be enjoying its sun rock.

Sleeping Black Footed Cat in the nocturnal house.

Sleeping tiger... My foot for size comparison.

This macaw was posing for me.

This Two-Toed Sloth really, really liked his basket.

Majestic camel was majestic.

...I also took a few little videos. Here are three of them--one of the baby manatees that the zoo is rehabilitating, and two of the giraffes. (If you want to see the videos bigger, they're also over on my Instagram account.)




There was also, of course, a visit to the Zoo shop. I refrained by buying a plushie manatee, but I did pick up a few things to turn into necklaces:


So, that's what I've been up to this week! I'm extremely grateful for a chance to go and see such amazing creatures and make some happy memories... and I'm also grateful for being inside in the air conditioning today. I'm not entirely sure what happened to Spring--it was 92 degrees yesterday, hot enough for Summer. Hah!

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I've been up to... Happy May, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day!! 🦍🦒🐘🐫 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos! I feel like I've had a trip to the zoo, just by reading your account.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)