Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hello, October!

Wow, it's October.

Taken on my morning walk today…
Those leaves weren't there yesterday. I think one of those trees was just
waiting for October.

I am increasingly amazed at how quickly the months go by. It's crazy to think that next month is November (NaNoWriMo!), and at the end of two months it will be Christmas.

But, right now, I'm not going to think about that. 

Instead, I'm going to enjoy the sound of leaves beneath my feet, the smell of Autumn and apples, the brilliant colors of the trees. Fall is a time of change, of shedding weight to make room for new growth, of harvest. 

...A time when I get inspired to write bad poetry, and actually do so--and don't care that it isn't Wordsworth or Shakespeare or Yeats.

Happy October, everyone. I hope that it is glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)