Friday, September 5, 2014

The Jenny Monthly Challenge - September Edition

It's time to announce my Monthly Challenge for September! Woo-hoo!

...And, well, this month is going to be a little different. You see, I bought some lovely treasures while on vacation. While integrating them into my home, I was once more faced with the undeniable fact that I own many things. Crafting supplies, clothes, books, esoteric movie memorabilia--you name it, and I probably have it.

So, my challenge this month? 


To get rid of at least one thing every day.

Not even the books are safe!

My purpose is twofold. First, I want to unload and not feel burdened by things. Second, I want to prune so that I have room for new growth. Creative growth--more room to spread out and make things and experiment with new techniques. I have been feeling stagnant recently, and I think that this will be just what I need.

So! At least one thing a day--that is my plan. 

On the chopping block!
...Although, to be fair, most of these are duplicates that I'm weeding out.
For some reason, I seem to have acquired many many copies of both
The Tales of Beedle the Bard and Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell.

...I realize that this isn't exactly a photogenic challenge (some of this stuff really is trash), so I don't expect to upload a lot of pictures of my purging endeavors. I am keeping a separate list of what I've gotten rid of, though, and I'll be sure to share anything particularly interesting. And I definitely think that I will feel lighter after this challenge!

So, there you go... here's to a productive, purging September!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)