Monday, January 14, 2013

The Beginning of a Wonderful New Series...

One of my favorite things to do for Christmas is to make special handmade presents for people.

And, certainly, this past holiday was no exception.  

Indeed, some of these presents were so cool that I want to share them here--not to brag or boast, but because they make me happy.  And,well, it's fun sharing things that make me happy.

So!  First up: a present that I made for my parents.

Oh, look...  Any clue what it might be? ;)

Some background:
We have gone to the same vacation spot every year since I was 5 years old.  It is a wonderful cabin in the middle of a state forest--with beautiful trees, made all the more precious by familiarity.

Now, the last several years, I have really become fond of taking pictures of this state park.  And, with generous past Christmas gifts from my husband, I finally had cameras that took good pictures.

And so, I compiled my favorite pictures, and made them into an art/photography book.

The title: For the Love of Trees
It's 90 pages long--all pictures, no words, and full of memories.

Here's a peak inside: 

The mountain lake, the tree that greets you when you first arrive at the park.

Backlit spiderwebs, trees through the morning mist.

Spectacular sunset over the lake...  This picture was taken just this year.

Oak leaves and sunshine.

A tall straight pine and curvy, articulated deciduous tree.

And here's the back:

Spectacular sky, against the dark of conifer needles.

My parents have blessed me by giving me wonderful memories of this beautiful place--a home away from home, a true refuge amidst all the change that life brings.  As I said, the trees are wonderfully familiar, timeless friends in my own fairy tale.

I hope that, through this book, I was able to show my parents just how special these memories really are to me.

---

For those interested... I made this book using the same website that I used to print my last one--blurb.com.

4 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)