Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas Presents for My Mother

My mum is as very, very special person.  I cannot even begin to explain how much she means to me; just thinking about her makes me happy.

I really, really wanted her Christmas presents to be extra special this year.

Enter: ruffle scarf yarn.

Such pretty shades of light blue and white!

Only, I didn't use the ruffle yarn to make a ruffle scarf.

Instead, I used it to make a ruffle shawl!

I call it an ammonite shawl...
Because ammonites are cool.

Now, I'm fairly certain I'm not the first person to have this shawl idea...  After all, there are only so many scarfs you can make before you want to branch out.  But I did have a great deal of fun figuring out how to do it, and was extremely happy with the results.

Here are a few more action shots...  and by action shots, I mean I was actively trying to figure out how to get the best pictures of an intricate and rather complicated design without the help of a model--or even good lighting.

I started crocheting it in the middle, and worked my way out.

Backlit and ruffly!

An artistic angle shot, just because.

Now, I didn't stop there.

I decided also to make her a simple and classy matching jewelry set, made with white glass pearls.

The necklace!

The earrings!

And so, that is what I made specially for my mother this Christmas.  Everything was made with a lot of love--and thinking about them make me happy, because they now belong to a wonderful woman.

Anyway, thank you for reading!  :D

...And stay tuned, because I have many more presents that I want to show off--er, I mean, share!  ;)

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)