Thursday, March 22, 2012

Revealing: The Language of Color!

A few days ago, I posted this teaser picture to represent my new line of hairsticks:


Oh my, I cannot imagine what that is!  *smirk*


I know everyone must be all a-titter, waiting to find out what that must be...  Unless, of course, you have checked my Etsy store.  I recently listed them there.


But, anyway, this is the grand blog reveal, which makes them special.  Without further ado, I present:  


The Language of Color!


Oh, look!  Roses!
Pretty spring-like roses, at that!


So, why did I name this series the Language of Color?


Well, you may be familiar with the Language of Flowers.  This language was utilized during the Victorian era to send coded messages through the use of various flowers and floral arrangements.  This allowed individuals to communicate feelings which otherwise could not be spoken.


While this nuances of this particular language have fallen into disuse, there are some symbols still recognized today.  Red roses imply romantic love; pansies signify thoughts; daisies represent innocence or purity.  (This is a fascinating subject...  If interested, check out the Wikipedia article.)


Anyway, when I was thinking about these hairsticks, I wanted to create something similar for the Landus Fantasticus.  


Similar, but not exact.  


That lead me to assign meaning not to the flower, but to the color of the flower.  For example:



Light Aqua means Hope.


Light Pink means Joy.



Purple means wonder.


...And Pink-Violet means respect.


The most exciting part of the Language of Color means that I can add more to this line of hairsticks and have them fit.  My goal: to have a beautiful bouquet of floral hairsticks, each with its own meaning in the Landus Fantasticus.




...What color rose would you like to see?

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)