Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lots and Lots of Rain...

This past week has been very, very rainy.


Don't believe me?


This was the view from the front door last Tuesday:


I'll give you a hint: there's supposed to be a road there!

Yep.  The road in front of our house was completely flooded.  And not just mildly flooded...  There was at least 9 inches of water flowing down the street. 



Where did the water come from?  There is a creek nearby that completely flooded its banks.


See that bridge?  That goes over the little creek...
that wasn't so little anymore.

Another view of the creek overflowing the bridge.

What prompted it to flood so badly?  We basically got an entire day's worth of rain in less than a half hour--the ground just couldn't absorb it all so quickly.


Luckily, the water ran off relatively quickly...  In about an hour, the road was completely clear again.

Look!  I can see road!


Still, it all makes me very grateful for this morning's respite of sunshine!


---


Two other things of note: 

  1. Yes, I did go outside and take those pictures in the rain.  Because I'm just that dedicated.
  2. This actually happened on my husband's birthday...  It certainly made going out to dinner rather interesting, even though we left after the road was no longer flooded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)