Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Pretty Palettes - May 2018 Reveal

Have you ever had a month where everything just seems needlessly complicated? Not bad, per se... just everything takes an extra five steps?

That's what this month has been like for me. Oi.

Still, at least I can now happily report that I can download pictures to my computer again. Yay! (For those curious, it was an iPhone driver issue.) And downloading pictures means that I can share what I made for this month's Pretty Palettes. Double yay! :)

This month's inspiration comes from a rather spectacular (and flashy) source:

Not my photo!
Photo by Andre Mouton on Unsplash

That's right! Peacocks! Based on that inspiration, here are the beads that the talented Molly Schaller picked out:


...Although, truth be told, I didn't actually use any of those. Oops! You see, with all the organizing that I've been doing in my craft room, I had recently seen beads that I knew would match perfectly. So, I used those instead! (Do I get extra points for using up some of my stash? Maybe? *grin*)

With those beads, I made one necklace... and, without further ado, here it is!


The beads are glass (faceted blue and round purple) and aventurine (both light and dark green rounds). I went with silver findings to match the underlying color of the peacock feather pendant--a pendant that I colored myself using some of my new patinas. :)




I'm hoping to get this necklace listed to my store sometime in the next week... It's long and lovely, and I need to start making it possible for other people to wear some of what I make. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today to see what I've been up to! I hope to be back to my normally scheduled blogging next month... I've been missing it! (I've been making great strides in cleaning my craft room, but it's definitely going to take more time... life can just be so busy. Ah well!)

Have a wonderful day, everyone--and a wonderful end of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)