Friday, February 3, 2017

Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge - February Edition

This probably isn't a great surprise to anyone, but I have a lot of craft supplies. My craft room is overflowing with creative chaos... There are beads, of course, but also paints and yarn and paper and stamps and all varying types of artistic miscellany.

The only thing is, a lot of my supplies go unused. They languish around in their imaginative potential, just waiting for me to get the inspiration to use them again.

That is why, when I was picking my Monthly Challenge for February, I decided to dig out some of those supplies and show them some love.

And so I present: polymer clay. 


Now, there are people who do amazing, amazing things with polymer clay--they make sculptures and beads and pendants and all manner of beautiful things.

...I am not one of those people.

Instead of a polymer clay artist, I think of myself as as a polymer clay dabbler. That is, I have played around with it, experimented with it, and just generally mucked about with it. While I greatly enjoy it, I very rarely have anything truly amazing to show off.

Inspiration #1: steampunk meets polymer clay.

But, here's the thing... I won't get better if I don't actually try.

And so, for this month, I want to try.

Inspiration #2: pearls and marble and clay, oh my!

My goal for this challenge is plain and simple: to make jewelry using polymer clay. 

I'll probably try my hand at making pendants or beads or components... We'll see what I come up with! I certainly don't expect anything to be perfect--I'm giving myself permission to try and fail and experiment and play. The whole idea is to try... I might even surprise myself.

Come back on Friday, February 24th to see what I end up making! And, of course, if you have some polymer clay hanging around that you've been wanting to use, feel free to join me... the whole idea is to have fun!

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)