Thursday, August 11, 2016

Allegory Gallery - Mystery Challenge 2 Reveal

As promised, it's time for a before-I-go-on-vacation reveal! Woo!

Today I get to show off what I made for yet another beautiful Allegory Gallery kit challenge. Which one, you ask? Well, this one:


The colors for this kit are hinted at in the above picture. So, imagine my delight when I opened the mail and saw this:


What a beautiful combination of yellow and blue! There's lapis, vintage lucite, Czech glass, waxed linen, silk--you name it!


I didn't have the chance to make much with those beautiful components... And, in all honesty, I cheated a little and only used the handmade pendant that was included. And I didn't even use yellow--I used gold.

Ah well... artistic license, and all that!

That being said, however, I really like the necklace set that I made:



I really liked the combination of blue and bronze on the pendant, so I echoed those colors in the design. 



About the construction: it's a pretty straight-forward design using wire-wrapped links and a pattern based on threes. The earrings are made with the same beads as the necklace... What can I say, I like things that match. :)



So, there you go! That's what I've made so far with this beautiful kit. I hope to make more with the other components at some point--and, if I do, I'll be sure to post about it. I really do like the combination of blue and yellow, so I need to make something that does it justice.

...For now, though, I need to go pack! 

Thanks to Andrew and William at Allegory Gallery for putting this kit together, and thank you so much for stopping by.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Perfect! The softer colors of the pendant stumped me and you have pulled in just the right beads to complement the pendant. Also really like the chain links. I'm a little on the fence about the challenges on Facebook. I always seem to lose track of other participants, and get lost between Facebook and blogs. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your necklace! I also liked the bronze with the blue in the pendant, and beaded chain is a favorite look. I'm glad you posted pics of the kit! I had forgotten what was in it and what wasn't because I got so many materials interspersed on my bead table.!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)