Sunday, August 25, 2013

Bead Ruckus - Reveal!

Woo-hoo! 

It's time for the Bead Ruckus Reveal

To jog your memory, here's the kit that we used:

Bead Ruckus, Kit No. 5

And, before I show you what I made, I have a confession that I need to make.

Apparently, I am hopeless.

You see, I set out to make a necklace. Just a necklace. After all, the rules only require that you make one piece--one piece with all of the components--and I had a vision for a necklace as soon as the components were announced.

But, apparently, I am either an over-achiever or just easily excitable. Or both. In short, I didn't stop at the necklace. Once again, I made an entire set--necklace, earrings, and a pair of matching hairsticks.

Yep. 

Hopeless.

But I had so much fun! Especially since the teal seaglass beads were so much bigger than all of the other components, and I had never worked with cup-chain, and these were things I wouldn't have usually put together. It was a challenge, and it was awesome. And, did I mention fun?

So. 

Now, with that off my chest, here's what I made!


The Necklace

Made using all of the components, plus:
gunmetal findings and coordinating seed beads








The Earrings

Made using all of the components, plus:
findings and silver seed beads, and that's pretty much it.
Even the small sea-glass rounds were spacers for the larger fishbone beads.


...And the Hairsticks!

Made using all of the components, plus:
findings, seed beads, and hairstick blanks
...Because it's rather difficult to have hairsticks without hairstick blanks.



And, just for fun, here are the earrings and necklace together... 

These look absolutely fantastic when worn!
I am so, so excited that I can now wear them when I go out and about--
I've been waiting until after the reveal, and it's been hard.




As I said, I had a lot of fun--a lot of fun--working on this.

Be sure to go to the Bead Ruckus blog to see what everyone else has made! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)