Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Inspiration: Twilight Falling in the Forest

Strangely enough, this installment of my vacation inspiration was rather difficult--more than I had anticipated, certainly.  I am pleased with the results, mind you...  It was just hard to get there!

Here is the color palette I had to work with:


The colors that I see there are shades of blue and black.  Yet, there is a luminousity that was surprisingly hard to capture--the effect of the fading light.  As a result of this ethereal nature, I made three pairs of hairsticks.  With each, I tried to highlight a different aspect of this color combination.


Here is the first pair that I made.  In this set of hairsticks, I tried to capture the depth of shining light contrasted to the silhouetted trees:




For the next pair, I tried to capture the shifting, fading shades of blue into black: 




And, in the last pair, I decided to do a straight representation of the colors involved: 



All in all, though, I am pleased.  How strange that the one that I thought would be the easiest--the simple colors of twilight--turned out to be the most difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)