Friday, August 30, 2024

Wonder and Whimsy Challenge Reveal: Tropical Bright Palette

Yay. It feels good to be blogging again.

And it definitely feels good to once more be tackling my monthly challenge!* I really do love pushing myself to try different things; I feel like it helps me stretch my creative muscles and grow as a designer.

For this month, I picked out a fun, bright palette to use in my jewelry designs:


In addition, I also had a mini-challenge I set for myself: not make something with a tassel! (Although I do have a tassel planned out in these colors... just didn't get a chance to make it. Hah!)

So, without further ado... Here is what I made:


Okay, it's got a little fringe-dangle... but it's not a tassel!

It's made almost exclusively with Czech glass... the matte yellow glass are Chinese crystal. You can't quite see it in this photo, but the wire-wrapped portion does not go all the way around... The back of the necklace is chain.

Since I had leftovers, I also used those same beads and created this pair of earrings:


They're super long and dangly, and pretty fun to wear. (If you happen to like long and dangly, that is.) Since the beads themselves actually aren't that big (the little pink ones are 3mm), they add nice pops of color without being too overbearing.

And, for fun... Here are the two pieces together:


I'm not sure I'd wear the pieces together--they both are fairly bright and statement-like by themselves.  I'm still pretty happy with them, though. They definitely used the colors in the inspiration palette.

So, there you go! Those are what I made for this month's challenge. Thanks so much for stopping by today for the challenge reveal... I always love showing you what I've been up to.

Happy end of August to everyone... I hope you all have wonderful days!

--

* - Bit of a disclaimer here... I'm not entirely sure how I'm handling my challenge for next month. I absolutely know what I want to do, but I'm once more dealing with some health stuff. (I've gone two years since my last major health thing... ah well. I'll spare you the details, but ugh.) Either way, keep an eye out at the beginning of September... I hope to announce my September challenge soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love how citrusy and full of life this set it. the dark oxidised ring provides such an interesting contrast. On another note, I hope that you feel better soon. Sending you a healing vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! :)

      And thank you for the kind healing thoughts. I'm not trying to be vague--basically I'm dealing with some pretty substantial fibroids, which are twisting (one is on a stalk) and degenerating and causing a severe amount of pain. I'm trying my best to stay upbeat, but oof... it's been going on for a month, and it's definitely exhausting.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)