Monday, February 24, 2020

February Reveal - SJ Designs Jewelry Honey Do List Design Challenge

It feels like it's been forever since I posted. Hello, everyone! I'm still around, still making jewelry. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know some of what I've been up to--namely, taking a trip to Niagara Falls and learning how to make lampwork beads.

For this entry, though, I thought it would be fun to participate in a blog challenge. Sarajo Wentling is still going strong with her Honey Do List Challenge, and I thought I'd join in! Here is the picture that her husband, Eric, picked for this month's challenge:



This is what Eric had to say about it:
This month I had a hard time coming up with a good challenge. I have plenty of bird and flower pictures but still within the icy grips of Minnesota winter these just didn't seem right for February. I ended up going monochrome with this cool railing and shadow from atop Herman the German in New Ulm. Hopefully the design will supply some inspiration!

I love a good black-and-white challenge. My original plan didn't quite work out, but that's all right. (I was going to attempt to make some lampwork beads to go with the theme, but I wasn't able to get to the studio to play with the torch.) Instead, I was able to use some beads I already had in my stash--some carved dolomite and some howlite. 

Without further ado, here is what I made!


...I realize that you really can't see the swirls on the black dolomite, but trust me--they're there! :)


Now I know that this the most complicated of sets, but I still really enjoyed making these pieces. As much as I like using color, it's always fun to use a limited palette with such stark contrast. :)

Thank you, Sarajo and Eric for letting me play along! And thank you, readers, for stopping by today! I hope to get back into the swing of posting here... I've missed it. 

Have a wonderful day, everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Jenny!! Thanks for playing along with us this month. It's so cool that you're doing some lampworking... look forward to seeing more of that. I love the simple elegance of the set you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I'm looking forward to seeing your lampwork in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)