Friday, February 7, 2014

Quick Show-and-Tell

...Is this thing on?

*tests the internet*

Ah-hah! Connectivity!

I'm going to try to make this quick, before the internet goes away again... I just wanted to show off a jewelry set that I just made! (And I'm so excited, that I'm going to make ALL of the photos extra large, heehee.)


So, yes. Those are the earrings. 

I paired Swarovski rivolis with some handmade lampwork beads, by the one and only Juls of Julsbeads. I love the color combination--and how the shades shift and shimmer in the light.

Oh, and I made a matching necklace, too.




...Here's a close up of the earrings, one more time.


So, why does this set have me so excited?

First of all--Julsbeads! And Swarovskis! What's not to love? It's always nice to work with such rich materials... Enough to make me spoiled. 

And, secondly--I was actually inspired to make this set. And I enjoyed doing it! This may not seem like a big deal to some, but there have been so many times recently where I've sat at my beading table and made nothing. The excitement, and the desire, just wasn't there--sapped out of me, drained dry by some sort of creative exhaustion. 

But, these last few days, it's like something has snapped--and the joy is back. Hopefully, this is the first set of many new creations!

...And, now, back to bead organizing. Happy Friday everyone! I hope your weekend is full of laughter and beautiful things!

2 comments:

  1. Positively IN LOVE. The color shift of those beads and the Swarovski is dreamy...a match made in Heaven. Beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so glad that you like it! What can I say--your beads inspire me! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)