Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ooooo, lookit the pretties!


I completely forgot that I have something to show, after all!  Yay!

This afternoon, I spent some time outside crafting.  Where I am living now has a beautiful backyard, complete with trees and wildlife and a big hill perfect for sledding (in the winter, of course).  

While spending time in the outdoors sounds lovely and environmentally savvy, however, I should mention that it was actually pretty miserable.  It was very hot and humid and I was baking in the midday sun, all the while smelling like sunscreen and bug repellent.  (I have very pale skin, so I was lathered up in SPF 30 and feeling much like a sundried tomato.)  Although my efforts to bond with nature may not have been successful, at least my crafting was!

So, here you go!  Look at the pretties:


And here they are again, up close:


And I didn't stop there.  I made several more where those came from, including these geektastic Hogwarts pendants!



I decided to go with silver/blue for Ravenclaw as per the movie, as opposed to bronze/blue as per the books...  Although slightly off-putting to my bookish snobbery, I decided that I do wear silver and blue a lot more often.  

And, for extra love, have an up close view of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, complete with chain!:


Overall, I am very pleased with today's endeavors, even if I did get slightly burnt despite the sunscreen.  Maybe tomorrow, if I am feeling the need to create, I will do so in my air-conditioned cave of a room.  Or maybe I'll forget that resolution completely, and once more decide to experience the great outdoors in all of its sun-baking goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)