Monday, January 11, 2010

Three Posts, Three Pictures - #3

Recently, I have been working at clearing off my work table.  (It's no small feat, trust me!)  Tonight, as I mucked around through the various and sundry tidbits I have lying around, I came upon an anklet that I had abandoned last year.  I loved the color combination and the beads--beautiful kambaba jasper coins mixed with copper--but it was just a bit too chunky to lay nicely around my ankle.  I had put it aside because I didn't want to abandon it completely; I just did not know what to do with it.


As I stared at it tonight, however, I had an eureka moment.  I realized that it was sitting next to a lovely length of copper chain (complete with toggle clasp!).  They complimented each other beautifully, and they were the right length to make an 17.5" necklace!


And so, a necklace was born (called Filani of the Forest*):











---


* It is called the Filani of the Forest because it matches this pair of hairsticks:  http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=16181236.  I am going to see if I have enough of the kambaba jasper coins to make another pair of said hairsticks, because I do not believe I actually have a pair for myself.


...Is it just me, or does the first picture look like a smiley face?  Perhaps it's just because it's getting late and I should go to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)