Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Custom Orders from Vacation - An Overview

While on vacation back in June, I had the wonderful opportunity to sit and just create for hours on end. It was absolutely lovely! It was both relaxing and exciting just to let the creativity flow. (Now all I have to do is figure out how to do that when back in the workday grind...)

I came up with some beautiful things during that time--many of which were for my mother. She wanted some new necklaces that were just the perfect length (she prefers 16" as opposed to the standard 18"), and was having trouble finding them. So, we decided to collaborate. First, we trundled off and went bead-hunting together. At the store, she picked out the ones that she likes. Then when we went home, I got to work!

These are the results: six necklaces and matching earrings.



Once home, I also created stories for each set--which I will be posting here soon. One of these may actually already look familiar--I made the black and green set to list on my store (called the Piper's Song). I also made one for myself--a bit short, to act as a choker.

Overall, I am very pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)