Friday, October 27, 2017

Pretty Palettes - October (and September! and August!) Reveal

I have been sooooo behind in posting my items for these reveals! Gah! 

You wouldn't know it, but I actually have been playing along with the Pretty Palettes challenge for the last few months... I just apparently have been having trouble posting about them here. Oh well. To make up for it, today you get three reveals for the price of one! ...or something. Heh.

To start off, here is the inspiration and palette for October:

Not my picture! From the Halcraft Blog.


What rich Autumn colors! Now, I didn't actually have time to go shopping for new beads this month... So, an added part of the challenge was to make something in this colorway using Halcraft beads I already owned.

Still, I think I did pretty well! Here are the beads that I found in my stash:


Using those beads, I made a necklace and a semi-matching pair of earrings.

First up: the necklace!


For this necklace, I wanted to keep things fairly simple and really let the colors do the talking. I picked a few select beads from each part of the palette, and assembled them in a random, but balanced, pattern. The only color I was missing was the greyish-tan color... My solution? Use tan leather lace. :)



I chose brass and bronze and gold as my accent metals, since they're warm and harken back to the fire in the inspiration picture.


So, that is the necklace. I mentioned that I also made earrings... and here they are!


I used most of the same beads, but in a different configuration. Again, I used warmer metals to really connect them with the fire's glow--and circles to echo the shape of the fire-pit and kettle seen in the picture.



So, there you go! That is what I made for this month's Pretty Palettes Reveal... a lovely set for Autumn.

But wait! There's more!

Now it's time for me to play catch up... In other words: here is what I made for last month's reveal!

To jog your memory, this is the Palette from September:

Not my picture! From the Halcraft blog.


...And these are the beads that I bought to go with it!


Fun Fact: I actually bought those beads in Delaware. When I was visiting friends on the Eastern Shore of Maryland last month, we drove to Delaware for a few shopping trips. These beads were purchased on one such excursion.

With those beads, I made two necklaces--that can either be worn separately, or layered together.

Here is the first, and shorter, of the two:


To be honest, I actually had a fair bit of difficulty with this set... the juxtaposition of the stony blue and muted greenish grey seemed a bit jarring against the more vibrant jewel tones. That being said, I really like the combination... it just took quite a few tries to make them blend together.



The longer of the necklaces has a similar pattern in the links of beaded chain... However, I decided to add some black--again to help the colors blend:




Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how these two necklaces turned out. I really do love the colors, and I'm glad I was able to get them to work well together. :)

...And now there's one more set of pictures to show you!

To finish up this entry, here is what I made for August's Pretty Palettes!

Not my picture! From the Halcraft blog.


What a lovely collection of colors--a collection that I don't think I would have put together myself

Now, I actually did show part of what I made back in August... This is where I left off:


And now it's time to show you the finished piece!



Hurray! It's a full tassel necklace, in all of its glory! :)

...And there we go! I think that means that I've caught up on Pretty Palettes reveals. Heh. Hopefully I won't get so behind next time!

Still, on the plus side, it's rather neat to see all of these projects together... It really makes each palette feel distinct and unique. :)

And now it's time for me to start working on my post for my own challenge... Yep, today is supposed to be the reveal for the Wonder and Whimsy Monthly Challenge! So, stop by later, and hopefully I'll have it up. :)

Until then... Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Love all your designs! And, what a great idea to post for the last three months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOWOWOW! You have done some amazing work this month! Thank you for the catch-up blog post. Your pieces are amazing. I look forward to seeing your tassels all the time and am so glad you included your finished August tassel in this post.
    I love how you used a black pendant with the Find Your Fade September project, too. It really gives the necklace a grounded effect.
    Your October earrings are some I would wear, like, EVERY day of that month. Thank you again for sharing your amazing work with us! I hope you're excited about this month's pretty palette, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)