Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wednesday's Worktable

So far this month, I've been working with a fairly rich palette--Autumn colors mixed with brass and gold, not to mention the rich hues used by Whistler (for my September Challenge).

Today's worktable, however, reflects none of that.

I know that I've previously mentioned that I've been having fun learning the art of Zentangle...

Close-up of my most recently finished Zentangle page.

...So, today I decided to go monochromatic, and play around with some Zentangle-esque beads.



The white-on-black beads are glass, and are going to be made into a necklace. Since there aren't enough of them to go all the way around, I'll probably add some leather or chain to lengthen it. The black-on-white beads are acrylic (and much lighter!), so they will probably be made into earrings. Or a chunky bracelet. We'll see!

...And, for those interested in my Zentangle progress, here is the page that the above close-up was taken from:


...And I'm so proud--I even created my own pattern!

Granted, it was completely by accident. I messed up another pattern that I was trying to learn, but I didn't want to scrap the entire thing. So, I just sort of made it up as I went. The resulting pattern looks like a stylized tribal depiction of a mountain; for that reason, I have named it Kilimajaro. It can be seen in the top center of the work.

If you're interested in using it, here are some hastily drafted instructions (please pardon the messy handwriting--that pen is good for drawing, but not necessarily for writing):

I have no idea if there is another pattern out there that looks like this...
But, this is what I came up with, and it makes me happy. Yay!

So, that's what I have on my table today: fun with the stark contrast of black and white. A nice little break before I go back into the land of color!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)