Friday, January 30, 2015

The Jenny Monthly Challenge - January Reveal

If you are looking for my "getting to know me" post for the Bead Peeps Swap N' Hop, go here! Or keep scrolling, since it also happens to be the previous entry. :)

---

Well, here it is... January 30th, the last Friday of the month. 

That means that we're already 30 days into 2015--where has the time gone? It also means that it's time for the reveal of this month's challenge! And I'm so excited to share!

As a reminder, here is the kit that I put together...

Handmade lampwork and agate and jade and Chinese crystals, oh my!

And from those extremely promising materials, I made this:

Jupiter Necklace!

As well as these:

Matching Jupiter Earrings!

I cannot even begin to tell you how much fun I had making this set.

This was one of those times that I had the idea in my head, and it turned out exactly how I had envisioned--except only better, because it was real and tangible. It was absolutely thrilling to have everything just fall into place.

The necklace itself is big and bold and extremely fun to wear... the tassel has wonderful movement and weight, and the piece is so long (I'm guessing that the tassel is about 6 inches and the rest is about 30 inches, even though I haven't actually measured it) that it actually makes me feel quite confident and emboldened. 

The earrings, too, are fun to wear... Surprisingly lightweight (I don't like very heavy earrings), they have just the right amount of dangle to accent the necklace but not be overpowering. They can even be worn by themselves as statement pieces--they are definitely lovely enough to stand on their own.

So. much. wire-wrapping.

All in all, this is definitely one of the biggest sets I've ever made (or worn), and not something I'd wear everyday... But good for when the occasion strikes. Especially since I know that I have a skirt that matches it perfectly.

And nothing can match the thrill of saying "why yes, I did make this."

So, thank you for stopping by and seeing what I made with my Jupiter beads! I had a blast! 

...and now, to think about what I want my February challenge to be. 

So, while I do that, have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Wow the tassel is gigantic but the colors look so gorgeous together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gigantic--the largest I've ever made--but it is so fun to wear! I'm glad you like the colors, too... thanks so much for commenting! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)