Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow...

It was such a dry summer...  and now, all of a sudden, there is SNOW everywhere!


Our Backyard...  taken on Monday, 12-13-2010


It has been snowing every other day, it seems--not giving the first round a chance to thaw, either, since the temperature is hovering below freezing.  (Imagine, it's snowing now, as I type this.)  


And, with snow, comes a wonderful bevy of problems...  including, but not limited to: 

  1. difficulty getting in and out of the driveway
  2. dropping my camera in said driveway and accidentally running over it 
  3. having our mailbox be taken out by out-of-control vehicles twice on the same day (first time took the top off, the second time took down the post)--and no, none of us were the ones that hit it

Fun times!  Still, even with that, the good has been outweighing the bad...  we are all safe and cozy.  There was no mail in the mailbox when it got hit.  AND my camera still works.  (Amazingly!  It now has lots of personality--in the form of superficial scratches--and I think I should be part of a camera commercial!)  


The Sky...  taken right after my camera got run over
(I took it to see if the camera was still working--and it was!)


And what's more--the Christmas tree is up, there is egg nog in the fridge, I am wearing jingle bell earrings, and I have happy slippers (early Christmas presents).  Even as grumpy as I have been the last few days, I am remembering that life is a beautiful thing...  and so is snow, as long as you don't have to go out in it!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't snow beautiful? It makes the world something other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is! I love watching it fall, and the hush it casts as it does so.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)