Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Pretty Palettes - July Reveal

I am absolutely in love with the Pretty Palette for July:


...so much so, that I was apparently not about to let a concussion get in my way of participating. Heh.

In my defense, I had actually been planning these two pieces since I first saw the palette at the beginning of the month--but I was only able to start constructing them this past week. I promise that I didn't overdo it... I only got to work once I started feeling a bit better. It's a good thing that I had finished many of the other challenges before I got hit on the head!

But, enough talk! Here are the two projects that I made for this challenge. :)


Necklace #1


This was actually the more challenging of the two projects--because of the seed beads. It was a good exercise in patience, because I could only focus on it in little spurts before needing to give my brain a break. Still, I think it turned out well, all things considering! It was made using Czech pip beads, brass, and glass (both Czech and otherwise). 



Necklace #2


Yep! It's a tassel! ...You're so surprised, I'm sure.

While the larger--and definitely more showy--of the two projects, this one was actually much much easier for me to work on. I have made so many tassels that I didn't have to really focus on what I was doing... I just let my hands get to work doing what they know to do. In fact, it was quite nice to have something I could do while zoning out--my hands were busy, but my brain could just relax.


This necklace has a nice weight to it. While the tassel is made of a combination of glass and stone, the focal is a lightweight vintage Italian moonglow acrylic bead--which gives it enough weight to sway nicely, but not be overbearing.



All in all, I'm very pleased with these two necklaces... especially considering how quickly I was able to get them together. Planning ahead definitely helped me out! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Truth be told, today is actually a pretty hard day for me (it marks the 1st year anniversary of when my mother-in-law passed away), so I really appreciate you letting me share shiny pretty things with you. 

May you all have a lovely last day of July...and be sure to hold your loved ones close!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)