Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Hello, March!

...and hello, return to winter weather! Bah.

It's definitely back to being cold here in Cincinnati. I admit, I was starting to really enjoy having the temperature above 20 degrees. Ah well... It just gives me more of an excuse to stay inside and create!

Speaking of creating, here is what's on my worktable today: patinas!


...Specifically, I've been trying out Vintaj Patinas on some buttons I picked up at my local crafty thrift store. (Side note: I really do need to blog about that store one of these days... it's called Scrap It Up, and it's amazing. *grin*) 

The buttons in question are plastic--and, when I bought them, I realized that some of them have been melted a little. Perfect, I figured, for some experimentation! Above, you can see some of the results of my efforts. (I even thought to include a button for Before and After.) What I'm going to do with the finished buttons, I'm not sure... but it certainly is fun to play! :)

So, there you go... That's what I'm up to: playing around, as well as plotting out all my projects for this month. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today... Have a wonderful week, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your local crafty shop sounds amazing! I actually just mentioned to Pat a couple of weeks ago that I would really love to open a store like that around here. Part thrift, part craft, ALL AWESOME! Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have searched high and low for a thrift store that carries craft supplies. If mine do, they get grabbed quickly. I am there almost every day... lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)